It's October: Editors' Note

Can you believe it? It's already October. Where did September go? With Fall in full swing and Halloween around the corner we have some great things in store for cupcakeMAG & Sprinkles this month. Not only will Sprinkles be getting a new name - but we have amazing changes to come for both sites - only for the better & we look forward to sharing soon!

We have some great celebrity interviews this month to share -- Denise Richards, Offical Hot Mess, Kendra Wilkinson -- and those are just a few! Along with our Men of Style, the famous Guncles, The Real Housewives of New York star Simon Van Kempen and The Rachel Zoe Project's Brad Goreski!  October is going to be a FABulous month! We will also showcase some of our favorite "hostess with the mostess" - Courtney Dial of Pizzazzerie and The Food Network's Sandra Lee! So stay tuned for a full packed month! 


And lastly, as I sit here from my hospital bed, thinking of all the work I have - I can't help but be thankful for the amazing support I received the past few days. For those of you who follow me on Twitter you know that I have been hospitalized for a kidney infection & kidney stones and basically won't stop tweet complaining until this little gal passes. I went it in a few days ago thinking I had a virus and was severely dehydrated. Come to find out -- it was a little bit more right after getting over bronchitis/pneumonia. When it rains it pours! But, I wanted to start this off with a big THANK YOU! Thank you to all of those who read cupcakeMAG, "Like" us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter & everywhere where else you can find us. We are more than grateful for all the support we have received and I am more than grateful for the many cyber hugs, kisses and prayers that I have received over the pass few days. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful group of cupcakeMAG supporters. Thank you all - from the bottom of my heart! 


 


I wanted to say another big thank you to Annie & Isabel -- the uber-stylish hospital gown company for sending the The Anita -- not only did I stand out in the sophisticated and super soft gown (and lots of compliments!) I felt comfortable from all the awful pain I have been in the past few days! And, I didn't have to worry about flashing anyone my boo-tay as I walked to and from the bathroom. It really put a smile on my face. Please, don't judge the messy hair and no make-up. 




Stay tuned -- later this month I will giving one away to one of our luck readers in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month! You won't want to miss it.

I would also like to take a moment to bring you up-to-date with our first cupcakeMAG fundraiser. Please browse over to Braden's Hope. Braden is a sweet little 6 year old boy who is battling stage 4 neuroblastoma. We are putting together a fundraiser and need all the help we can get so please spread the word and help us raise awareness for childhood cancer. Please take a moment to browse the site and spread the word. A huge thanks to Bethenny Frankel for sending a bunch of singed goodies for the auction & to all of those participating! 

End note: Oprah once said, "Making the decision to look after yourself is the ultimate in healthcare." -- and that is what I shall do this month! Along with looking after all of you! As always, lots of love & thank you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive