HCB'ers Day ~ Molten Chocolate Souffle and Lava Cakes


A chocolate dessert that did not send me over the edge, with me talking to myself for several days; what a treat! Heavenly Cake Baker's has definitely helped me grow and widen my horizons with new kitchen skills. If sighing over frustrating mishaps ever becomes a language, I am already fluent.


I used to whip open Rose Beranbaum's Heavenly Cakes cookbook with excitement. Now I approach the cookbook cautiously, open slowly, and let out a HUGE sigh of relief if the recipe is 3 pages or less.


I used the Baker's spray and was relieved to see the spray finally work for me. I have tried the Baker's spray before with disastrous results. The lava cake batter was fluffy and the ganache centers looked so good resting on top.


I was surprised how puffed up these little souffle cakes were first out of the oven. Like a souffle, the little cakes also shrink right up. I was not over excited about the chocolate flavor and my ganache was not oozing out like Roses'. I did like how fast these little cakes went together and nothing stuck to the bottom of my cake cups . . . I am still not over the caramel issue from last time. Looking forward to next week's quick bread. Happy baking everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive