CEiMB - Almond French Toast Bake



Craving Ellie in My Belly is packed full of all things fresh and wonderful. This week Heide of Chez Zero hosted and my husband and I enjoyed every bite of the Blueberry Almond French Toast bake.



I actually baked the breakfast treat for dinner with Breakfast sausage links.





I used 1 1/2 multi-grain whole wheat baguettes. 1 was not enough to cover the bottom of my 9 x 13 dish.


I made several other changes according to several people commenting on the recipe at the Food Network Site (you can find the recipe by clicking on Food Network.)
To keep this from being too moist, I used 6 large eggs and 6 egg whites, cut the milk down to 1 1/2 cups and added 1/2 cup of maple syrup. I also omitted ALL the dark brown sugar; by accident. I was hurrying and totally spaced!


Thank you Heide for another great Ellie recipe choice! I just know Heide will have the recipe posted on her site as well. Go check it out! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive