lots of love for lauren -- our one-on-one interview with Lauren Conrad

If you are anything like us, you have been a big fan of Lauren Conrad, once known as "LC" on Laguna Beach and you sported TEAM LAUREN tees from Hollister. But now, our Lauren is all grown up and has so many amazing things going on in her life --- from life after The Hills to her new collection, Kohl's line and latest books --- Lauren Conrad is a name you just can't forget.

Lauren Conrad, Style, HarperCollins, October 2010


How has life been since The Hills?

It's been great! It's always a little scary to make a big change like I did when I decide to leave the show, but I don't regret it one bit. Since I've left I've discovered a new love... writing! I have had such an amazing experience writing my novels and touring the country for signings. It's been an exciting year and I've learned so much.

Also, I have been having such great time working on my Kohl's line and have been blown away by the support I have received. Fashion has always been what I have loved to do and I feel so fortunate to be working with such a great partner. Aside from that, I have really enjoyed having a personal life and the opportunity to do a little traveling. All and all, I'd say it's been a great year.


We just finished reading your second book,
Sweet Little Lies (HarperCollins) and of course, it kept us wanting more -- How did the idea of your LA Candy Series come about? Was writing something you have always been interested in?

The concept of the LA Candy series was more of a compromise than an original thought. I was interested in writing a dating book (sort of a what-not-to-do for someone who's made all of the mistakes) and HarperCollins wanted me to write a tell-all about The Hills. Since I wasn't comfortable revealing the secrets of others we began talking about a fictional series. This way I could tell the story of a journey similar to the my own without calling anyone out...but still include insider knowledge from someone who's lived it.

How are the books [related] to your personal life - was that the inspiration?

I wrote from experiences and I also based characters on a compilation of people I had met in my life but the books aren't real life. I had a ton of fun playing make-believe.

I have to say, you have always been a great decorator -- your house on television and apartment was very chic. Is a decorating or lifestyle book something you may do in the future?

It's funny that you say that because I have always struggled with
decorating. I can throw an outfit together in 30 seconds flat but show me an empty room or blank wall and I'm stumped. I have learned a few things along the way like...the color you paint your walls will reflect off your skin (example: green wall make u look sick), flowers are a great way to add a pop color to any room (peonies are the best), and flea markets are great for finding deals and original pieces. I would love to write a book about decorating because I would learn so much in the process and then get to share it with others.

A few seasons ago we saw your collection during LA Fashion Week. Do you plan
on showing again at some point?


I am currently starting up a new clothing line with one of my best friends. It's a contemporary line similar to my original but with a different look. The first season we are designing is Fall 2011.

You always seem to have a lot going on - never a dull moment! What is up next for you?

I have a book tour coming up in the beginning of October. Actually it's a double tour for my third novel, Sugar & Spice, and a Style guide that I wrote (Lauren Conrad Style). Besides that I have the clothing lines to keep me busy, but I am also looking for the perfect project to produce. I've always loved the production side of entertainment and would love to be a part of it. I just want to be careful to select a show that I'll love. I want my first one to be great!

We just can't wait for the next book to come out in the LA Candy series. Sugar & Spice, along with Lauren's Style book will hit shelves in October. Start counting down now! In the meantime make sure you pick up the page-turning series and stay-up-to date with Lauren on Twitter and on her website. Of course, the LA Candy series gets the cupcakeMAG stamp of approval - they all are must-reads!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive