cupcakeMAG is TEAM ERIN all.the.way

You all know Erin Kaplan from MTV's The City and if you don't well, your missing out. She is the ELLE "It" girl we all have come to know & love. Erin, has done amazing things at 26 - making her the youngest Director of Public Relations ever at Elle Magazine. And she hasn't let her beyond famous face on The City get to her. She is seriously great at what she does all while being super down-to-earth. We LOVED getting to know Erin and couldn't wait to share our chat with you.


Photo Courtesy of MTV

How did you get started at Elle?

I started at ELLE about 4 ½ yrs ago as a Marketing assistant and worked my way up.

What advice can you give about working in the fashion industry?

My best piece of advice would be to find a job that you’re passionate about. In any industry, really loving what you do will keep you motivated and inspired to do the best job you can.

What is your go-to outfit?

Anything black. When I moved to NY from CA I didn't own a single piece of black clothing…now; it’s almost all I wear! While I’m pretty basic when it comes to clothes I have a weakness for incredible shoes. I have definitely spent far more than I should on a great pair, but consider them all excellent investments!

What is it like walking a day in Erin's stilettos?

Ever-changing. The great thing about doing PR for a magazine, and especially for ELLE, is that every day is completely different than the one before. One day I’m focusing on the celebrity covergirl, the next fashion, beauty or features--sometimes everything at once. I also work closely with the editors on segments and interviews or events we’re throwing. Each day is never the same and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

How has your life changed now that you’re on The City? (especially knowing that everyone is TEAM ERIN!)

Is everyone Team Erin?! That’s so nice but I always feel as though it changes week to week…I definitely appreciate and am very grateful for the support! My life really hasn’t changed too drastically. My number one priority is and always will be doing the best job I can at ELLE. Everything else is secondary, so as long as I stay focused on my work I don’t think my life will change too much!

What is up next for you? Can we hope for another season of The City?

I’m not sure…I never in a million years thought that I would be on a television show so as much of a control freak as I am, I’ve really tried to embrace whatever comes next and expect the unexpected. As for another season of The City?...I hope so!


1.) I have three brothers who never let me get away with much (anything!)—I definitely developed a thick skin early on.

2.) I interned at Saturday Night Live for two semesters in college—and still remember Jimmy Fallon’s coffee order.

3.) I knew that I wanted to live in New York City since I was in the 6th grade. Once I moved here for college, I never looked back.

4.) Contrary to what you see on the show, I am a pretty non-confrontational person.

5.) I read seven newspapers every single morning before work. Always in print, never online (NY Times, WSJ, NY Post, Daily News, USA Today, Newsday, WWD)

Love Erin's style? Check out Elle.com on just how to get her uber-chic yet effortless look. Shop The City: Erin Kaplan Style on ELLE here. And don't forget to stay up-to-date with Erin by following her on Twitter.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive