Peanut Butter + Chocolate = LOVE


What is it about the combination of peanut butter and chocolate that is so magical? I'm not a girl to eats peanut butter by the spoonful, but combine it with chocolate...I can't resist.

Now, my sister, on the other hand, is a true peanut butter lover. She used to eat peanut butter on pancakes and peanut butter & pickle sandwiches (yep...it's true), so I thought she'd like these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars.


{And, it's a good idea to get them out of the house. I "tested" one and almost inhaled the entire pan.}

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
{adapted from Peanut Butter Smoothies from The King Arthur Flour's Cookie Companion}

6 TBSP unsalted butter
1/2 c natural chunky peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural)
1 c sugar
1/4 c light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 c chocolate chips (semi-sweet)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8 x 8" pan

Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.

Cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Beat in the sugars until combined.

Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.

Stir in the flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips, stirring until combined.

Spread the batter into the prepared pan (you WILL want to lick the spoon...it's yummy!). Bake for about 30- 32 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.


Align Center
Now, I thought I was pretty smart, handing these over to my sister and her family to avoid all those calories. My sister sent me home with a plate of the Pioneer Woman's Lemon Crumb Squares. {Paybacks are heck.}


PS....there is a new video over at University of Cookie! Yours truly showing the very BASICS of outlining and filling/flooding cookies. Come on over and see! :)

PS #2....this post will be linked to I'm Lovin' It over at my friend TidyMom's blog 'cause I'm LOVIN' peanut butter and chocolate!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive