Alien Juice . . . Works For Me Wednesday

You can admit it....you thought our family's diet consisted of sugar and butter alone.


Because we have our fair share of sugar around here, I really try to make sure that we're getting our 5 fruits & veggies a day (or at least that kiddo eats his).

After Christmas, we got hooked on Amanda's Blueberry Kale Smoothies (the only way my boys will eat kale willingly). One reason I love that smoothie is that it calls for just water and the fruit/veggies. No yogurt, no milk, no tofu....just water. So easy!


Here's a smoothie we came up with....ALIEN JUICE!!!

{I had every intention of calling these "Chic Chartreuse Smoothies," but as soon as kiddo saw them, he dubbed the smoothies, "Alien Juice!"}

All you need...



1 c water
1 c (organic if you can find it) frozen mango chunks
1 handful rinsed organic baby spinach
(you *have* seen the report on pre-washed spinach, right? No? Take my word for it....RINSE IT!)
1 banana
juice from 1/2 small lemon

Blend it all together. That's it!


I use my handy-dandy immersion blender. Sur La Table sells these pretty Cuisinart blenders (mine is Buttercup!) for only $29.95. I LOVE it!!! If you have one, just blend the ingredients in one at a time rather than all at once.

So, smoothies work for us. Sometimes, kiddo even asks for these instead of a cookie!!! {What is wrong with that child?}

What's your vote?

Alien Juice...


or, Chic Chartreuse Smoothie?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive