White, yes, WHITE Food Coloring . . . Works for Me Wednesday

After last week's WFMW post, I realized that I needed to let you in on a little cookie decorating secret.  A secret called....white food coloring.

White food coloring is one of those things I saw in the bakery supply store for years and thought, "Royal icing is white. Why would I ever need that?" 

Then, it happened.  My beautiful WHITE outlined cookies turned, well, off-white.  The cookies I spent 5 hours decorating.  The cookies I needed to mail to a friend THAT morning weren't white. *sob*

I have no idea why royal icing turns off-white sometimes and not others.  All I know is, I'm not risking it any longer. I use it EVERY time I need white icing.  Just use it like you would any other food color.

Another hint: I put in the amount of AmeriColor Bright White that I think is enough, and then I add a little more.  Trust me, more is more here.

It's not only for royal icing and cookies, either.  Cheryl used it on her Snowy cupcakes earlier this week....they are so cute!


Where to get it?
 works for me wednesday at we are that family
Have YOU ever used WHITE food color?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive