It's Scary





This morning I went into the city and met my Aunty and Grandmother at Alla Moda.  My very fashion-forward grandmother has been having beautiful clothes tailor-made at Alla Moda for years.   I am heading away to a very cold climate in the coming weeks so I decided I would get a couple of things made as everything in store here right now is for Summer and certainly won't be appropriate.

Whilst I was selecting fabrics, a lady walked into the store and advised us that we needed to evacuate due to the flood.   I must say, it sent me into a bit of a panic.  We hurried into the car and left immediately.  As we drove through the Valley and New Farm, businesses were closing, people were sand bagging their properties and it was scary. 

 We are safe where we live, thank goodness {and thank you for your emails asking if we are okay}although I am a little worried about the shop.  I just hope everyone is going to be alright as this catastrophe is unfolding as I write this.  The waters of our river have broken the banks and now it is a waiting game.  On the way home I dropped into Woolworths to get a few things as my mother-in-law advised me to and I was not ready for what I saw.  I have never seen so many people in the grocery store before.  It was bedlam and there was no bread left.  I hope all of my fellow Brisbane bloggers, clients, readers and friends stay safe over the next few days as this drama unfolds.

xoxo
Anna

images taken today in brisbane via the age

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive