Featured Etsy Designer -- Milk and Honey Handbags




Milk and Honey Handbags is one shop we were thrilled to come across. We set out to find the cutest HANDmade clutches and found them! When we saw them in person we were amazed with the construction and quality - simply amazing and the clutches were just adorable and super-stylish! Check out our cupcakeMAG picks from the shop & get to know the FABulous designer herself - don't forget to comment and show her some LOVE! 

cupcakeMAG picks! 

Black & White Clutch is perfect to match Spring brights! 
We just LOVE this Brown & White Clutch. It is oh-so-chic!
Who doesn't LOVE ruffles in a super soft yellow. 






1.) How did Milk & Honey Handbags become reality?

When I was in high school, I decided I wanted to learn how to sew. I asked for a sewing machine for my birthday, bought some books, and taught myself. I loved it! The first thing I made was a pair of pants and I still can’t believe that they were wearable! After really getting the hang of the craft, I started to focus on designing and creating bags. I really hit my stride. I knew that I wanted to make and sell handbags and accessories, I just did not know how I could turn this dream into a reality.



Fast forward a few years later, I was working at a small organic bath and body company. The girl I was working with was talking about Etsy and I couldn’t believe I had not heard of the site before. When I got home, I found Etsy and knew immediately that I wanted to open a shop. I started doing a lot of research, planning, sketching designs and a couple of months later Milk & Honey was born.


Designer of Milk and Honey Handbags, Amanda 
2.) What is your favorite item in your shop?

Right now I love the star print pouch. The idea had been floating around my head for a while and I love the way it turned out! Plus hand printing fabric has been new and fun. I can’t wait to design some new prints!

3.) Do you have any favorite Etsy shops you love to browse?

There are so many shops on Etsy I love! Some shops of the moment are Pine & Main, Lanyapi, and Isla New York. 



4.) Tell us a little bit about yourself - the brain behind the beauty!




When I am not behind my sewing machine, you can find me reading a good book or spending time with family and friends. In the winter I love to snowboard. I also love the change of season, strawberry lemonade, sailing, andgood TV shows [like Dexter and Lost]. 

5.) What is up next for Milk & Honey?

I have a lot of new styles that I am working on for the new year, a clutch, a tote, and a messenger bag. I would also love to see some of my designs in leather and suede. I hope to start working with these new materials soon!


All Things Milk & Honey 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive