Papertake Weekly - Ribbons and Pearls

Happy Tuesday everyone! I can't believe the beautiful weather we are having out here! It reached 69 deg on Saturday, and it was in the mid 60's today! It feels like it's April instead of January! I'm not complaining, mind you, but I probably will be on Wednesday when we're back down in the 40's! LOL!

It's time for a new challenge from Papertake Weekly, and this week the challenge is ribbons and pearls. So please use one or both on your new project. We have a brand new sponsor this week, The Paper Shelter. And oh my gosh, what adorable images!!  They were very generous and gave the design team some images to play with!! I chose this "too cute for words" Pepe L'Souris in love. I think this is the cutest, sweetest image!!! Such expression!! I adore the look on his little face and his stance too!


The papers I used are from Nitwit Collection Luv Bugs, and the cardstock is Bazzill. I used heart Nestabilities and added some machine stitching. I thought faux stitching would make Pepe stand out a little more, so I did that instead of machine stitching around him. I colored him with Copic warm grays, and then I used R30, R32 and R35 for the pinky reds. I used E000 to fade to white around Pepe. To fade to white, take your blender pen and apply the solution to your paper around part of your image.  Don't go right up against your image, leave about 1/8" space between your image and where you wet your paper with blender solution. Make sure you can tell that your paper is wet with it. While the paper is still wet with blender pen, take your shadow color and from the edge of your image out, flick your shadow color out and away from your image.  What will happen is your blender solution will draw the color out and your shadow color will fade away to white. I love this technique and use it constantly! Remember, practice, practice, practice. And I've definitely found that the lighter colors work the best with this technique.


Please be sure and visit Papertake Weekly to see the fabulous creations from my very talented DT sisters! Then we would love it if you'd grab your paper and glue and join in the challenge with us! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again tomorrow for another adorable "cute couples" card made with an image from Peggy Loves Vintage! Have a wonderful day! HUGS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive