Heavenly Cake Bakers - Miette's Tomboy

Post for Miette's Tomboy recipe out of Rose Levy Beranbaum's "Heavenly Cakes"  cookbook.
HCB'ers Miette Tomboy

  • A fudgy chocolate cake, all of 6-inches around, is the perfect size dessert and one of the BEST chocolate cakes I have yet baked! 
  • Buttercream frosting whipped into a light, fluffy consistency with vanilla bean paste and a touch of marachino syrup added for a light cherry flavor.


I used (2) 6-inch pans because my pan with the 3-inch high sides mysterously went into hiding.  Rose put instructions for both single and 2-pan baking times so no worries.

What an amazing little cake.  Buttercream frosting is not a favorite for me but this recipe made piping so easy.  The vanilla bean seeds added to the visual seduction of the creamy, soft frosting and the first thought coming to mind is if I have any special occasions coming up to give me a reason to share this perfect miniature cake.

The rest of the Heavenly Cake Bakers are so imaginative, so go take a peek by clicking here for the blog roll.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive