Wags N Whiskers challenge #5 distressing

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a fabulous week! I can't believe how quickly time is flying! Santa will be here before I know it, and I still have so much to do! How am I ever going to get it all done?! Oh dear! I'm sure there are many of you that are feeling the same way. I guess we'll make it through. We always do, right? It's time for a new challenge over at Wags N Whiskers Challenge Blog! The challenge this week was chosen by the talented Danielle, and it was to use distressing. Now I love to use ink for definition in my work, but I very rarely distress. So this was a good challenge for me. I used a lot more chalk ink than normal, and grabbed my scissors and really roughed up the edges of the DP. I used this adorable stamp called Ride 'em Ryan. He's available right now over at Wags N Whiskers. Isn't he the cutest??? This birthday card is for my little Grandson, JJ. I can't believe he's going to be six at the end of January!


I stamped the image in Memento ink onto Cryogenic white cardstock and colored it with my Copics. Sorry - no pic this time of the markers used. I did this card in segments and just had to put them away in between so I could color other images. The embellies were all cut with the Cricut Expression using my brand new Gypsy! Oh how I love my new Gypsy! The sherrif's badge was cut from A Child's Year, the circle from Plantin Schoolbook, and the stars are from George. And I didn't have to dig out a single cartridge. How cool is that??!!! That awesome cowboy boot charm is just perfect for this stamp, and I received it from Lacey at Stamp and Create! I love it! And it's double sided unlike a lot of charms. So no matter which way it hangs, it looks great! The DP is old, I got it almost two years ago over in Sacramento. It's by Fancy Pants. The twine I wrapped around the card is from PTI. Oh, and the Happy Birthday is computer generated. That's it for this card. Please head over to play with us at Wags N Whiskers challenge blog. If you use a Wags N Whiskers stamp and link your card to the challenge, you could win a free stamp!! If you don't have any WnW stamps yet, then do yourself a favor and head over HERE to get some. You're going to love them!
Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and sure hope to see you back again soon! HUGS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive