Who is keeping you company?. . . .Works For Me Wednesday

Here's a question for you....who keeps you company while you are baking/sewing/crafting?

I do a lot of my baking at night, after the kiddo is in bed. At night...Jerry & Elaine, Frasier & Niles, Deborah & Ray and the Girls & the City keep me company. Reruns are great because I've seen them all and I really don't have to lift my head from decorating to see the TV.

But during the day, I have to have some music on, and I must be able to sing along...loudly and out-of-tune! :)

{And here is where I need your help because these are hopelessly out of date! Luckily I have some mix-masters in the family who keep me current with mix CD's}


My favorite belt-'em-out-baking music:

  • Domestic Science Club
    by Domestic Science Club...if this doesn't make you want to bake in pearls and heels, I don't know what will. Folksy, funny & sweet...perfect!
  • Breakaway
    by Kelly Clarkson...I am a little embarrassed because I feel too old for this CD, but, oh, it's a great one for belting! :) The UPS man actually asked what I was listening to one afternoon. Poor guy...I'm sure with the music cranked and all the singing, he was NOT expecting a mom to answer the door!
  • Julie Roberts
    by Julie Roberts...twangy, sassy, it's my kind of country.
  • The Beatles 1
    by the Beatles...all of their #1 hits. How did Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da not make it to #1 is my question.
  • Fly
    by Dixie Chicks...putting all politics aside, a great sing-along, belt 'em out CD. I cried the first time I heard it. Something about those harmonies and seeing them play in Dallas before they were famous. Cowboy Take Me Away one of my all time favorites.
  • Worrisome Heart
    by Melody Gardot...came out in 2008, so it's a little modern. :) This sounds old-fashioned to me, more mellow...it's great!

Alright readers...help me out here! What music works for you while you are busy creating ?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive