TWD - Cottage Cheese Pufflets

Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes decided on Cottage Cheese Pufflets for this week's Tuesday with Dorie baking event. The recipe was a complete surprise to me. A cookie dough made with cottage cheese and the dough is so soft and pliable that it needs to be refrigerated for at least 3 hours. The dough was made last night and baked tonight. I am still guessing as to whether we really liked them or not. The flavor, even though a filled cookie, is still a little different. Also, when rolling the dough out, speed is necessary because the dough becomes extremely sticky and pliable again within minutes. Apple butter and blue berry jam were used as the fillings for the cookies. I loved the color contrast! I am glad I made the recipe but because of how much trouble I had with keeping the dough chilled and workable, this recipe will stay in the Tried and Enjoyed but will not re-make category.
Thank you Jacque for an interesting cookie choice and I did enjoy nibbling on them. To see what the other Tuesday with Dorie Bakers did with the recipe go here and to get the recipe, you will need to click here to go to Jacque's blog =). The day has been a long one, so I am off to bed...good night everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive