Map maker, Map maker, Make me a Map*

I couldn't let Wedding Wednesday during Map Week pass without mentioning some of the wonderful hand-drawn maps that are available for use as a Save-the-Date or as part of your wedding stationery.

My mom and I, with our mutual love for maps, knew that we'd both love to see a hand-drawn map included in my wedding invitations. Since I designed and hand-screened my own invitations, I knew I wanted the map to fit with the look and feel of the rest of the suite; luckily for me, my mom volunteered to draw the map. Had I not had my mom's artistic talent to utilize, I would certainly have loved to use any of these women.










For those of you who are curious, my mom's handiwork is below. The map is on the inside of a folded card (the front of the card shows the outline of the state of Texas with a chapel serving as the "x marks the spot.")

And, I know what my mom is going to say when she sees this. She is going to say, "Oh, I wish I'd had more time to work on the map!" Because she started saying that almost immediately after we finished putting them together.

You all don't know this, but we planned the majority of our wedding in three months. So, more time to work on the map? I know she would have liked that, but, I LOVE what she did anyways! My favorite part, and that of many of our guests, was the Longhorn on the south side of the map (along the interstate) You really pass longhorns when driving north out of Austin towards where we live!


Image from Mom

*Yes, I know those aren't the real lyrics...

**Due to technical difficulties, this post didn't quite make it up while it was still Wednesday...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive