Kathleen and Nick's Photodate with Mariah in Boston 11.28.08

Kathleen and Nick came to see me about their wedding a few weeks ago... I liked them right away and was so happy when they decided to include me in their plans. K & N are two busy and hard working people. Kathleen is in event planning so she is organized and efficient! When they came to visit me she told me she wanted to do their engagement photos right away so they could use them for holiday cards... no problem, I said... and here we are the day after Thanksgiving on our date!
P.S. It's a good thing I am not in these photos because I have completely over indulged in pie!


We met at Boston Common, Kathleen really liked the idea of the Frog Pond. I am sad to say that I didn't even know this existed! It's a super cute skating rink right in the middle of the common. We didn't do any skating (which Nick is really relieved about) but Kathleen did bring her skates which made for a nice wintery prop.





Ear muffs too!.. I think this scene is very "Charlie Brown Christmas."




Nick prefers the warmer activities like snuggling to skating...
Kathleen doesn't seem to mind the snuggling either...
Just in case you forgot where we are... this cart had a tshirt that said "Wicked Pissa" which I wanted to buy and then forgot to go back and get.

Next we headed over to North end... Kathleen really knows how to get around the city because she used to live near the Common... we actually ended up right near the Old North Church, where Melissa and I photographed Nicole and Brian's wedding last month. The funny thing is, I really wanted to get back to this particular street because when I was there in October I thought it was really cool- but didn't have much of a chance to look around...

I thought this alley was interesting...

Did I mention it was sprinkling the whole time we were shooting? K & N are troopers, and Kathleen had the right accessories!





This is my favorite shot of the day. Kathleen and Nick had their first date at this little restaurant. So romantic!





There was a really good smell wafting down the sidewalk toward us... turns out it was from this bakery. I don't know what these things are, but aren't the gorgeous?

The lady behind the counter looks less than thrilled about me and my camera.


Remember that show "Mad about You"? Maybe I am dating myself- anyway it was on in the Early 90's. At the beginning of the show they had all these cool Black and White photos of the two characters, Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt. The photos were of them doing ordinary things around NY, this photo reminds me of that...


Nick looks pretty happy to have scored these treats...



And then he treated me to a hot chocolate- how's that for a fun afternoon?





Thanks Guys! That was so fun, I'm really looking forward to the big day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive