I'm It...


Tina, whose blog Luphia Loves I adore, tagged me last week to share six quirky, yet boring facts about myself. I always enjoy learning more about people through these, so, of course, I agreed to play along.

The Quirky, Boring Facts-
1.) I have a problem touching dry cotton balls. Not cotton pads or Q-tips. Not sure if this extends to cotton blooms from the bush (of which I am a fan as is evident here, here, and here.) As far as I know, it's just cotton balls. If they are wet (say with nail polish remover,) no problem. But dry? Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

2.) The touching problem extends to certain wet blankets. Not all wet blankets bother me, but there are some that elicit the exact same reaction as dry cotton balls (yet those same blankets are fine to touch when they are dry!) Weird issues, I know!

Some cotton I certainly wouldn't mind "touching." Stunning lucite paperweight with natural cotton pod available from Black Tulip Antiques in Denver via Bond & Bowery.

3.) I don't like Coke (or pop... or soda... or whatever you may call a carbonated, sweet fizzy beverage) When I was younger, I told my mom I didn't like how "spritey" it was, meaning how fizzy it was, and that is the best I can come up with still.

4.) When I was 10 years old, my two neighborhood friends and I started our own dance group, called "Primary Colors"... um, yep, because there were three of us. Quite original. We practiced in our backyards, but, as far as I remember, we never performed in front of anyone (even our parents, although, surely they witnessed our practices!)

5.) Along the lines of dancing, I, sometimes, have dance parties by myself (and when my youngest brother and I are both home at our parents' house, we sometimes throw them together.) It always puts me in a fabulous mood (oh, endorphins!) I also find it much easier to clean when I have music blaring and can shimmy around to the beat.

6.) I sometimes use hand-gestures when I'm describing things; these are often just random motions, although some things have designated signals such as crawfish, lobster, and catfish (these probably aren't too hard to imagine.) My husband always says, "Wait. How does that go?" and makes me repeat the motions. Then, he'll ask, "One more time?" He definitely gets a kick out of it.


This is the part of the game where I'm suppose to tag 5 others, and I normally pass. I decided this time, however, to go for the tags. I'd love to hear these bloggers "facts," if they feel like playing along!

Jane at Ill Seen, Ill Said
Stephanie at Even*Cleveland
Erin at apartment #34
Alissa at Grace's Birdcage Wedding
Emma at White & Wander
Rebecca at Oh So RB

The rules are:
* Mention the rules on your blog.
* Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
* Tag six other bloggers
* Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they are tagged.


Also, last week, Amy of ABCD Design, gifted me with the Uber Amazing Blog Award. I was extremely flattered to receive this award from her as the invitation suite she created for her wedding provided some of the first images I saved as inspiration for my own. While our styles were different, her creativity and execution completely inspired me when I was creating my invitations.


I am now suppose to gift this to five or more bloggers who inspire me, who make me smile and laugh, or who share amazing information. I have thought long on this, and, while it might feel like a cop out, the truth is, I really love all the blogs I read.

All of the blogs listed in my blog roll inspire me in some way- some make me smile at their words, some make me laugh out loud, some make me gasp for the sheer beauty of what they post, and many leave me wishing for a bigger bank account! As different as they all are, each blogger inspires me in her own way.

So, I am passing this onto all the blogs in my blogroll; if you are listed there, please know that I think the world of you for inspiring me, encouraging me, and for putting yourselves out into the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive