Shipping Cookies (and Twitter). . . .Works For Me Wednesday

The last thing you want to do after spending hours decorating cookies is to ship them off and have them arrive in crumbles. This is not a foolproof method, but it does (for the most part) work for me. :)

{It also helps to be nice to the UPS man....lady....person.}

I start with a document box. They are hard-sided and about 8 x 11 x 2 inches. They are not as cute as my pink bakery boxes for local deliveries, but they are much sturdier.


I line the bottom of the box with a sheet of foam (or small bubble wrap) and throw in a few business cards. :)


Add ONE layer of cookies. I can normally get 3 in each layer.


Cover with a sheet of foam and add another layer in the opposite direction.


That's all...2 layers. Top with a sheet of foam and seal.


Add a cute label and tape the front with packing tape so it doesn't bust open in transit.


Meanwhile, have your local hunky helper tape up the shipping box for you. {You can do this step yourself if you must.}


Cushion a shipping box with packing peanuts (or bubble wrap, or those air pocket thingies), add the cookies (a few boxes can be stacked) and add more peanuts.


And, don't forget...a cute label for the outer box!


And in the "Never Say Never" category, Bake at 350 is now on Twitter! I am officially a Twit...yay!

I must say, I'm a little addicted! Twitter is like a giant beauty shop with all of my best (cyber) girlfriends (and their friends) and companies I love (Starbucks! Domino Sugar! Panera! Real Simple!). I had no inclination to join until hearing about all the fun from a few bloggy friends. But, I'm drawing the line at Facebook (probably).

What is making it manageable for me is The Smart Girl's Guide to Twitter. It's an e-book that just came out in October...I joined Twitter in October...Coincidence? I think not! :)

The Smart Girl's Guide is written by Allison Worthington, the Martha of Social Media. I have learned so much and I'm not even halfway through it, yet! A link to the guide is on my sidebar.

If you're on Twitter, come by & say "hi!" You'll find me here: @bakeat350tweets. Tweet, tweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive