Tuesday with Dorie - Split Level Pudding

Garrett of Flavor of Vanilla picked Split Level Pudding for this weeks TWD. What a delicious dessert with a thick chocolate ganache on the bottom layer and creamy vanilla pudding on the top.

I absolutely love the flavor of vanilla so I did not try a variation, but the coffee pudding flavor did entice my tastebuds enough to cause contemplation on making this more then once. I didn't but I wanted too.

Dorie Greenspan's technique for creating this pudding is unique to me. A little on the messy side as far as using extra dishes but I loved the idea behind using a food processor. I did have to find my funnel for pouring the hot milk or I would have had the liquid all over the side of the processor and the counter.

I also could have cooked the vanilla pudding just a tad longer for firmness. Oh yes, milk chocolate was used instead of bittersweet.

What a fun dessert to share because everyone who set their spoon in for the first bite was surprised over the hidden layer of ganache! Thank you Garrett for picking another Dorie Greenspan winner. To see how all the TWD bakers did...just click on the link. Either buy Dorie's Baking cookbook or go to Garrett's blog for this week's recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive