Van Gogh inspiring Fashion Trends?

By Lauren Gonzalez


First of all, I want to say hello!! You haven’t heard from me before, but I am a new contributing writer and thrilled to be joining such a fabulous staff and all of you on our journey through life, fashion and the other thing we love! 

I must confess, I feel very at home when I visit my family in New York and New Jersey. I was flipping through some pictures from a visit two years ago, and saw that I only took one picture while at The Met. It was “Olive Trees” by Vincent Van Gogh. I am a huge fan of Impressionist, such as Van Gogh. The fluidity and color palette of this painting really struck a chord with me. I remember it well! I was so entranced by this one work that it cancelled out all the other marvelous works of art in the room!  






I’ve now been re-inspired by this painting, as I look back at it. I can’t help but see so many parallels in fashion today. Whether it’s simply the colors or the construction, here are some pieces that remind me of one of favorite paintings.  




  1. Linea Pelle “Parker Croco Tote”   2. Diane Von Furstenberg “Brennah Scarf in Cool Neon Mane”   3. Coach “Brynne Heel”   4. Essie “Coat Azure”   5. MICHAEL Michael Kors “Jet Set Crossbody in Tie-Dye Denim”   6. Alexis Bittar “Gold Studden Hinge Cuff
I absolutely love these finds, especially the dresses! I would consider myself a “dress girl” considering they are what I wear most of the time. The outfits I found that best show the gorgeous colors and texture of “Olive Trees” are following: 
  1. DKNY “Sleeveless V-Neck Dress with Tiered Ruffle Skirt in Lagoon”   2. Lilly Pulitzer “Shauna Dress Embroidered in Navy”   3. Rachel Zoe Fall 2011 Ready-To-Wear   4. Diane Von Furstenberg “Parlian Dress in Midnight”



Lastly, I leave you with my final and favorite pick. This is a serious piece of jewelry. A bold statement, and in fact, quite like wearing art. It’s the Alexis Bittar “Modern Georgian  Cuff” The color and cut of the stones are beautiful. This is a great statement piece that truly speaks for itself - all you have to do is wave or pretend you’re fixing your hair!  





That wraps up my Van Gogh inspired picks. I think, if we clothes ourselves with confidence and the right look, fashion really is noticed as art. 

Tell me: What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive