Papertake Weekly - sketch week

Have you heard???? Next week is Papertake Weekly's BIRTHDAY!!!! And we are celebrating BIG TIME with TONS of fun gifts to be given away from some AWESOME sponsors!!! So please be sure and join us in the big Birthday celebration next Tuesday, Oct 4th!!!!! Hope to see you there!!!

I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! It's already the last Tuesday in the month, which means it's sketch week over at Papertake Weekly! I don't know if you've worked with Dawny's sketches, but I LOVE them! It takes so much guesswork out of creating a card. Since it's the last Tuesday of the month, our fabulous sponsor is Simon Says Stamp!


And this is what I came up with...


For my card, I used an adorable vintage image from Peggy Loves Vintage! I love these precious images as they take me right back to my younger days (OMG - I sound like my grandmother!!!!). These images make creating wonderful hand made cards soooo easy!!  This particular image is available for FREE right now over on Peggy's blog, so remember to pop over there and grab it! Please be sure to leave her some love! She really likes to give away free images, so while you're there,  sign up to follow her so you don't miss a single image!   I stuck really true to the sketch this week. The DP is from American Crafts matted by Bazzill cardstock. I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the scalloped element of the sketch.


Don't you love those leaves??!! I took inspiration from my friend DeeDee for those (and for reminding me about my Kim Hughes stamp set which goes perfectly with the two full bellies on this image!!) Thanks DeeDee! ! I cut them with the Cricut Expression, Gypsy, and Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge, all of which I got from Hallmark Scrapbook. It doesn't have a shadow feature, so I cut out the leaves usuing a page from an old book and then just cut out around them myself to create the shadow. I used some distress ink around the edges to define the leaf and finished them off with a little bow made from twine. That delicious ribbon was a gift from my friend Regina. Thanks sis!!!  And of course I machine stitched the individual layers of the card.


So that's it for me today. Please be sure to pop over to visit all my DT sisters at Papertake Weekly to see the wonderful works of art and heart they've created for your pleasure today! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon!! Hugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive