Magnolia-licious blog hop - August Birthday Fun!!!


Welcome to the August blog hop for the Magnolia-licious DT! The theme for this month's hop is Birthday card and gift! This is in honor of Queen Diana as August is her birthday month! If you've hopped your way here via the awesomely talented Mindy, then you're in the right spot! If not, please go back and start at the beginning from the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog. I don't want you to miss one little bit of all the lucious eye candy everyone has prepared for you today.  For my card, I chose to use #277 Bon Voyage Tilda from the brand new Bon Voyage collection. I just think she's adorable and SO versatile! The colors in the first pic are showing so red. Not sure why, but the colors in the next two pics are more accurate. It's actually a rusty color, not red.  


She's colored with Copic markers and then cut out and popped up. There's lots of dimension as I also popped up the frame she's sitting on. The frame was cut with my Cricut and Just Becasue Cards cartridge. The sentiment is from a set called Birthday Fun from The Cutting Cafe'.  I printed it and then cut it out with circle Nesties. I also used the Magnolia Doohickey tag! I cut it out twice in two different papers. Then I just tore off a piece from the paper with the musical notes on it, dirtied it up with some chalk ink and attached it to the cardstock tag.


For the gift portion of this set, I altered one of those wooden picture frames that are available at craft stores everywhere by covering it in DP. I cut the Celebrate with my Cricut in both shadow cardstock and then with the matching DP. I chose to use #3034 Midsummer Tilda from The Fairytale collection. She too is colored with Copic markers.To make the flower, I used the Peony Petals  Doohickey. I simply added a spacer and a Basic Grey brad in the center of it. The bow is made with May Arts silk ribbon from which I hung a dragonfly charm, I also added some Kaiser flat backed pearls and just created some little flourishes with them. Sory it's such a terrible picture. The glare from the camera looks awful, and the pearls don't show up very well. It really does look much better in person than it does in the pic. All papers are Bazzill cardstock and Graphic 45.


So that's it for me today! Since birthdays are supposed to be full of surprises, if you're interested in winning your own little surprise from me, just leave me a comment on this post before midnight Pacific on Saturday August 21st. Now it's time to hop on over to the fantabulously talented Cheryl, to see what delicious project she's created for you! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive