Praline Butter Cookies

These are delicious butter cookies. Easy, if you can find the Praline liqueur at the liquor store or the Praline extract at the grocery store! I had leftover egg yolks to use and I didn't know what to do with them - then I remembered these cookies because they take 2 egg yolks instead of whole eggs. Perfect! Then, I realized that I spoke to soon. I used up the last of my Praline Liqueur a while back. I buzzed to the local liquor store to pick up another bottle and the man behind the cash register counter went Praline what? Never heard of it. I love living in Port Orchard, the city on the water inlet, but there are drawbacks. So, on my way home from Seattle, after work, I stopped at the main liquor store. This liquor store carries everything! VERY overwhelming! Found what I was looking for and toodled home to bake my cookies. These cookies are suppose to be on the thin side and the pecan halves really makes the cookie stand out. BTW, praline extract, use only 2 t. - NO Tablespoons of extract. Only liqueur gets 2 Tablespoons. Otherwise, the cookie dough will not taste right. . .really =).
Praline Butter Cookies
1 c. butter (liking it already =D)
1 c. white sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 t. vanilla extract
2 T. Praline liqueur or 2 teaspoons of praline extract (omit vanilla extract if using Praline extract)(chocolate liqueur works great to. . .)
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 c. pecan halves
Directions:
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla and praline liqueur or praline extract or chocolate liqueur.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Press a pecan half into center of each cookie. Bake at 300 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive