Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion

I am filing recipes that I have had printed out again. A depressing job because I have several thousand recipes printed over the last 4 years from different places, or they have been given to me by friends and family. I make myself file them into different categories so that I don't end up carrying around 50 recipes at a time thinking that I am going to make all of them in a week's time. You may think I am kidding but I only have recipes printed out that I have already drooled over and they are not just desserts. I like to have a well rounded supply of recipes. The problem with filing is that I am always afraid that once I slip that sheet of paper - with the next best meal I have ever made - into a folder, I may not get around to pulling it back out because of all the other recipes. Then there are the 600 cookbooks. Then the cooking magazines that I have sticky notes attached to pages of must-try recipes (about 500). It just never ends right? I don't think they have a help group for recipe addiction or cooking/baking addiction do they? My hubby would be sending me, I just know it. Any ways, I had this recipe for chocolate peanut butter explosion and I just couldn't file it so I went upstairs and made it right then. How could you go wrong with over a pound of peanut butter and 2 BOXES (8 ounces each) of cream cheese along with hot fudge for topping? Need I say more? Okay, the cake is a cheater but I can live with this one because it is simply delicious! The problem?? This recipe makes a LARGE trifle dish of dessert. Enough to share with everyone and still have plenty for you! =D

1 Devils Food Cake Mix
2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 pkgs whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
1 (18 oz) jar peanut butter
2 Tablespoons vanilla
1/2 cup milk
Cool Whip
Hot Fudge Topping
quartered peanut butter cups
Directions:
Make/bake cake as directed in two 9" round pans. While baking, mix cream cheese, condensed milk, whipped topping mix, peanut butter, vanilla and milk. Cool cake and crumble.
Assemble in trifle bowl:
crumbled cake layer
peanut butter layer
Cool Whip layer
repeat until all ingredients are used
Top with Hot Fudge Topping
*If you'd like, sprinkle with peanut butter chips or crushed peanut
butter cups.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive