I love you to the moon and back!


Hi everyone! I've been wanting to make this card with my new stamps from the new Winner Takes it all collection from Magnolia-licious (in stock and available right now!!!!), and I was finally able to put it together. I would usually layer up my images for this kind of scene by cutting them out and popping them up, but I also wanted to enter the Tomic Challenge which is masking. So that's how I combined my three images today! I used #207 Astronaut Tilda, #555 Moon, and #577 Starship, masking them as I combined.  They're all colored with Copic markers.


I used the following colors:  suit B000, B00, and B02 ;  suit trim and boots R35 and 37;  moon: E51 and 53;  fire Y17, Y38, YR16, and R27;  starship - C1, 3, and 5 along with B02 and B04;  skin: E11, 01, and 00, hair, E21, 23, and 25; sky B24;  helmet and starship window B0000.   For the sentiment, I just typed the smaller words out on my computer and printed them onto the X Press It Blending cardstock. Then I just used my scissors and made some wonky cuts. Got the wonky cuts inspiration from my friend DeeDee! Thanks girlfriend!   The words MOON and BACK were cut using the Expression, Gypsy, and the Mickey font with shadow. The shadow on the Mickey font is barely visible, so I offset them so it would show a little better. I also added some Glossy Accents to Tilda's helmet and the starship window.


The papers I used are Bo Bunny Blast Off Collection. It's like they were made for this new collection and I love them! I just matted it with Bazzill cardstock and machine stitched around all the square panels. I usually stitch around the round panels as well, but because I used the "out of the box" technique for these images, I couldn't do that.  Now I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, I really do. But this "out of the box" technique has me perplexed. I was very careful to cut straight in to my image so I wouldn't have any "missing pieces" to my circle. But I go them anyway. I am NOT going to let this thing beat me! LOL! I plan on practicing with that more this weekend. But I sure won't do it anymore with something where I've taken the time to mask three images together! LOL! I was not going to do that again, so I simply cut another whole circle and glued the top circle to it after I colored in the little pieces that showed.


So that's it for me today! I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 Tomic challenge
Cupcake Craft challenges - Sew Mad

  Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Have a fantastic weekend! Hugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive