A feeling in the air...

"Well there's a feeling in the air, just like a Friday afternoon. Yeah, you can go there if you want, though it fades too soon. So go on, let it be. If there's a feeling coming over me, seems like it's always understood this time of year."

-"This Time of Year" Better Than Ezra

Photo by flickr user Robert Pollack

The first hint of early fall came today complete with blue skies, wispy clouds, and a slightly cool breeze. There is something about this time of year, this type of day, that tends to make me wistful for a place in my past.

I miss the sights, the places and the people that made this city home. I'd love to stroll around downtown, coffee in hand.

I might sit for a while with William Faulkner who has been watching the town in life and in death (or at least since 1997 when this bench was dedicated.)

Photo by flickr user stephen_from_1971

I’d browse the shops lining this historic Square, boutique after boutique, and grab a bite at one of the many incredible restaurants that call this place home.

This week, I'd like to show you around Mississippi, and since a week isn't nearly enough time to cover the depths of the state, I'd like to share the corner I knew best.

Welcome to my Mississippi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive