Healthy? No WAY! Okay, maybe a little but I had to run with a little melted Valrhona white chocolate and some mini Hershey m & m's for fun color. Alright, who am I kidding? I seriously needed a chocolate fix! I have to tell you this is the second batch of these yummy cookies I have made in the last week. The first batch I even added dried tart cherries. . .delish! and this batch I just wanted some kind of chocolate. I already am a huge fan of granola and usually have some homemade granola on hand. My homemade granola mixed with vanilla yogurt is my lunch for work. I have no idea why I feel addicted to the stuff but I am.
These cookies, mine were particularly big because I used a 1/4 cup for a cookie dough scoop, are so filling. I had one in the morning with a cup of tea and I didn't feel like nibbling on anything till after lunch. Absolutely fantastic for taking to lunch.
Thank you Michelle of Bad Girl Baking! You know, there will be brilliant minds attacking this recipe from many artistic sides so click on the TWD and go see the end results! The recipe is called Granola Grabbers; found on page 82 of Dorie Greenspan's cookbook: Baking, From my home to yours. The combinations that can be mixed and matched seem endless. Next time, I want to try pecans and peanuts. Maybe after that it will be macadamia nuts and pecans along with miniature chocolate chips. Cinnamon chips maybe?
This time, I just had to play in some melted chocolate. I am so much braver with chocolate because of the baking events we participate in.
- ► 2011 (3267)
- ► 2010 (2149)
- ► 2009 (1576)
- Daring Bakers - Eclairs~Vanilla Bean Custard, Lime...
- Color My World
- Speed Racer Vacationing
- Cookies from art
- jeni's ice cream
- Taking flight
- coco + kelley Inspiration Board Contest
- It's 3 a.m., I must be lonely...
- Healthy? No WAY! Okay, maybe a little but I had ...
- Original American Food. . .How Many Can You Think ...
- Our Tribute to the Entertaining Guru. . .From. . ....
- We have the Blues. . .The Blueberry Blueesss ~ TWD...
- A New Chocolate Fix ~ Macadamia Fudge Squares
- Ode to the Olympic Games. . .Chinese Food It is
- Seafood Kick
- It's Tuesday and You Know What That Means. . .TWD....
- Lobster and Crab Quiche to celebrate Seafair Weeke...
- My Kitchen, My World
- ▼ August (19)