Barefoot Contessa Recipe Challenge: Parmesan Chicken

This is my first posting as part of the Barefoot Contessa Bloggers!
I love her style of cooking and entertaining. Ina encourages us to use recipes that we are familiar with and are easy to put together, creating a relaxed atmosphere for the guests and the host. I just love that! There has been more then a couple occasions where I have stressed myself out trying to make an elaborate dinner for family and friends, only to make the guests feel like they really should just jump in and help. Now, there is a "come back and see me again" dinner party =).
The Parmesan Chicken recipe was chosen by Megan at My baking adventures and what a great choice! I loved the simplicity of this dish and my family loved the flavor that surrounded the meat. Parmesan cheese, lemon, and a mesclun salad all took center stage for flavors. The presentation is even pretty enough to use for when company comes over. The Barefoot Contessa's recipe for Parmesan Chicken can be found in her cookbook from Barefoot Contessa Family Style page 82 and on the FoodNetwork site. I did alter the recipe just a wee bit by using my newly found cooking toy. . . .lemon olive oil purchased from a store called Oliver and Co. or O&CO. Fresh lemons are pressed with the olives to create the olive oil. I have to say that frying the freshly coated chicken fillets in this oil was a wonderful addition. The lemon viniagrette also got a swig of the lemon olive oil. Don't you just love new food discoveries?
I would also like to add that I defrosted way to many chicken breasts (7) but went ahead and fried all of them up. We ended up having the most delicious chicken sandwiches for lunch the next couple of days! I absolutely love Barefoot Bloggers and can't wait till the next cooking event, which is posted every 2nd and 4th Thurday of the month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment