SOUP on a Cold Night to Warm the Heart and Tummy

Corn and Crab Chowder

I just love the creaminess of a good soup and I also love seafood of just about any kind! I am learning through reading other blogs that I have not been trying all the different kinds so I have no idea just how limited or not limited this statement actually is! Skate wing, for example, has never come into my vocabulary until earlier this month. The picture looked intriguing, fun, and scary. I think the hardest part would be finding where to shop for this lovely new culinary experience. Tonight, I think I will stick with the tried and true dungeness crab meat. This took me about 20 minutes to prep and another 35 minutes to cook. I originally found this recipe through the Bon Appetit Magazine a while back and I have made this several times since. Since I rarely make something twice, then this should speak volumes! The weather is cold so soup is wonderful right now. =D
Ingredients:
1 (16-ounce bag) frozen petite white corn (do not thaw), divided
1 c. milk
1 (8-ounce bottle) clam juice
4 T. sliced green onions, divided
2 t. minced peeled, fresh ginger, divided
4 1/2 t. fresh lemon juice, divided
2 T. butter
8 ounces cooked crab meat, flaked
Directions:
Reserve 1/4 cup corn. Bring remaining corn and milk to boil in medium saucepan. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Puree mixture in blender. Add clam juice, 3 Tablespoons green onions, and 1 teaspoon ginger; puree again until almost smooth. Return puree to saucepan; bring to simmer. Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add reserved 1/4 cup corn; saute 1 minute. Add crab, 1 Tablespoon green onions, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 3 teaspoons lemon juice; stir just until warm. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among bowls; mound crab mixture in center.
Makes 4 servings

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive