Magnolia-licious October Sketch challenge

Hey everyone! Can you believe it's already October??!! WOW! I'm amazed at how fast this year is passing us by! It's time for a new Design Team sketch challenge over at Magnolia-licious Highlites, and this month, our hostest with the mostest is the fabulous Maureen! She has supplied us with an awesome sketch and we also must use orange and stay in the theme of October/fall.  Here is what I've come up with.


October is a huge month for birthdays, so you will be seeing quite a few of them from me this month. For this one, I used #340 Fairy Dust Tilda from the Fairytale Collection. She's available right now over at Magnolia-licious! Diana has the BEST collection of Magnolia stamps available in North America. And on top of that, she has awesome service and prices!! She's got a special deal going on right now for all orders over $50.00.  When you check out with a total of $50.00 (before shipping), use the code benefit8, and it will give you an 8% discount!! WOOHOO!! Please be sure and check out her store.  I stamped Fairydust Tilda with Memento ink onto X-Press It card and colored her with Copic markers. I also used the Magnolia Doohickey Antique Lace die for the horizontal strip.


The DP, ribbon, and buttons were all a gift from my wonderful friend and adopted sis, Regina. Thanks Regina!! The leaf was cut with the Cricut Expression using my newest cartridge The Flower Shoppe, and I added some of the fabulous lace I found when I was visiting my sis, Peggy, in Illinois. The octagon was also cut with the Expression using the George and Basic Shapes cartridge. The small brown maple leaf that is on top of the larger leaf is from a new EK Success border punch.  The Happy Birthday stamp is one I've had for ages and the original packaging is gone. I have no idea of the maker. Sorry.

All the layers are machine stitched and the twine I used is from The Twinery. So that's it for my card. Please be sure and visit Magnolia-licious Highlites to see all the amazing projects from talented Design Team! Then we'd really love it if you'd grab your oragne paper and glue to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive